Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Hookah me up to wifi please...

I have to tell you...I don't get the what the big deal is about Hookah's. I've just spent an hour with several of them. (while better than cigarette smoke)I don't get it. They still stink. I must admit part of my "un"-infatuation with them has to do with my wifi situation. I have so few places to get good wifi and one of them happens to be a fabulous little cafe, best mushroom soup in town, that caters to Hookah's. It is fabulous especially since a lot of the time, no one in here is smoking (I guess that is what you call it) them. But...when it rains it pours. Today I have been trying to talk to my husband for the first time since I left D.C. Umhhh..of course that isn't going to happen! I have called on skype to phone...I have emailed...I have facebooked...I have had friends call him... It looks like it is not meant to be. I actually had a 3 - 4 minute (tops) conversation with him today that was excruciating. Between "can you hear me" and "are you still there" all I got was "there is a lot of background noise", "it sure is noisy", "I can't hear you very good". I was doing the best I could do...it is "Hookah" time here, the place is full, I can't go any where that will be quieter...(btw one of the kids just shut the outside door so for sure it will be hotter and smokier)and I can't get wifi in my flat... It has been a mixed bag kind of day. I got to go the the Far Off Orphanage (1 1/2 hrs away) and be with some amazing boys. I got to interact with them and teach them about forgiveness and the story of Joseph and his brothers. Ask Sharon Andersen about this place if you happen to know her, if you don't know her you really should get to know her because she is an amazing lady! I got to sit with a hospital administrator/dr. and discuss the possibility of putting a play room on the floor of the hospital I visit every year. Tamara's hospital is what I call the place. Her kids, the orphans, deserve to get out of the cribs they live in 18 - 20 hours a day or more. They deserve a place to play and move and use their motor skills. She was not only open to the idea...she was excited about it. On the other side I encountered a person who doesn't have any idea how much perfume/cologne to use, especially in closed in places, and with the mega strength of this one. Within just a few minutes my head was hurting and I was very nauseated. In fact I wssn't sure that I would get away from this smell in time! And NOW, to be so close to talking to my love! And yet so far away... Till I get wifi again...

No comments:

Post a Comment