Sunday, August 30, 2009

This is the day that the Lord has made...

This morning was glorius. The sun was shining, the breeze was gentle, and we found a van very quickly when we got to the street. Our trip to the church building was quick and uneventful.

After we arrived, the morning class was held by Max and it was SO good. He talked about light and darkness, good and evil. It was very encouraging and was well recieved by all. The second hour there were zero children so we stayed in worship service. A young student from Sunset in Donetsk taught during worship. He was very good as well. It was the most pleasant, peaceful worship service. I felt the presence of the Lord...I know that it was a prayed for service...and it made a difference.

After the service, they had some business to accomplish. Last Sunday it became a shouting match, so I was a little apprehensive about today...again...a prayed for time...it was so smooth that it lasted only ten minutes and the business was finished. There were some differences of opinion, but they were settled like brothers and sisters should! It was a cause for me to say, again, "Thank You Lord".

Afterwards, Max had agreed to speak with me. He was in last weeks meeting and I didn't know quite what to expect from our time together. AGAIN...a prayed for moment...it was so reasonable, so calm, so loving, so respectful...our differing opinions were not so different. We just loved each other, listened to each other, and tried very hard to communicate with each other. It was a blessing. I think that I surprised him, and I know that he surprised me. We left with good feelings about the progress on understanding each other.

Lunch with Rita, Julia, Natasha (mother of twin girls)went very well. The company was good and the food was great as well. I left there in time to Skype the church. I was able to catch Dennis on his cell, and I hope that he was able to announce to the congregation the progress that is being made here. I also hope that he was able to tell you just how important your prayers are!

I only know of 3 people who are "following" my blog, so I am not sure how many of you are even getting these notes, but I love you all, and I hope to blog again soon.

Tomorrow we will visit three places, then we will go to Sophia Park and rest for two days. I am looking forward to that. When I get back, we will hit the schools, the hospital, Baby House, and the Dawn again. I will work until I start home on Monday. This week will be full, and I will out of touch for 3 days, so KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS! I love you all...

Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment