Sunday, June 19, 2011

I remember you!?!

We have been going to the Dawn orphanage for several years now. Many of the children I remember from when they were very little. Peter, Katya, Nastiya...so many more faces that I cannot put a name to at this moment. They know me, and long for my visit as I long to visit them.

We will be helping them get ready for their summer visit to the Forest. They need hats, flip-flops, bags, toothbrushes, socks, underwear, t-shirts....

We will do what we can do! I want to thank Meadow View for their overwhelming support! Because of you (including the youth group t-shirt donation thanks Dennis)I am going to have to buy only one t-shirt! The kids loved them, and really needed them! Thank you for those who donated toothbrushes and toothpaste! They were so excited to get new items so they could get rid of the old brushes! It was fun to watch the "lottery" to get a tshirt. We drew numbers for who went first...you could see that sometimes someone picked a shirt that someone else was looking at...but NO one fussed or pouted about not getting their first choice. I thank my t-shirt lady who faithfully gives me t-shirts several times during the year (you know who you are and so does God!) The kids LOVED them!

We took several pictures of the groups and got a wish list for camp. I don't know how much we will be able to fulfill, but they are truly grateful for any and all help they recieve. It appears that this year their funds are even more limited than usual. And they have some governmental rules that dictate what they have to have in order to go to camp. (one being hats, which the girls refuse to wear) It makes it easy to buy the cheapest hat we can find, since they more than likely won't wear it. Maybe the boys will take it later and wear it when theirs wear out.

We have a lot of shopping to do, and I know we will have to visit many places to get the necessities before they leave. I am SO grateful for the support that I recieve from those that love the Lord, me, and my kids! Thank you!!

till later,
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment